Effective Date: September 15, 2023
- Personal information we collect, including from our website www.Tadler Llaw.com (the “Site”) and how we use it;
- Legal grounds for the processing of your information;
- With whom we may share the personal information;
- Your privacy rights, choices and disclosures, including for Europe and California;
- Retention Periods and protection of your information;
- Information about international transfers;
- Links to other sites;
- How you can contact us.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect the information that you provide to us when you submit an “Engage” form. We ask for your name, organization, title, email address, phone, and area of interest.
We collect and use your personal information to enter into an engagement or agreement with you, to perform an engagement or agreement that you have with us, to communicate with you regarding information that may be pertinent to you in connection with our engagement or agreement with you, and to provide news, updates and other important information about Tadler Law.
We also act as a legal service provider for third parties. In such capacity we may come into contact with personal information that is collected by others but which we process in order to perform our contractual and ethical obligations to the data controller who collected the information.
If you inquire about a career at Tadler Law, you have the option of sending to us a resume containing personal information about you and which we will use solely for employment evaluation purposes. Providing this information is completely voluntary. Please do not submit sensitive personal information to us.
Our Site is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Legal Grounds for Processing Your Personal Information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. When we process personal information on behalf of third parties, we do so in performance of engagements or agreements with such third parties.
Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
Tadler Law is a global provider of services headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel located in different geographic locations in order to fulfill our contractual, legal, and ethical obligations. In order to perform our legal services, we may also share your personal information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including, without limitation, our technology providers, administrative and support personnel and providers, professional advisors, translators, expert witnesses, courts, consultants, mailing providers, analytics providers, joint marketing or event providers, and our security provider.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property, or to enforce agreements you or our clients enter into with us.
Your information may be transferred to another entity (within or outside your country of residence) when we are acting as a data processor at the direction of our client (data controller), at the request of the client or in connection with a merger, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or membership interests.
Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures
1. General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitating the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include the right to request the correction, modification, or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal, ethical and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, then please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal information, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
- Your European Rights and Choices. If you are located in the European Union, the United Kingdom or another jurisdiction that has adopted laws substantially similar to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), your privacy rights include the following:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information, then you may contact us any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification, or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal, ethical, and contractual obligations.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial emails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal, ethical and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal or ethical requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European data protection laws and regulations (including GDPR), then you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
3. California Do Not Track Disclosure. Tadler Law does not track users’ activity across websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
Retention Periods and Protection of Your Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, to perform our contractual, legal and ethical obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods.
We take reasonable administrative, physical, and technical precautions to protect your personal information and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, written commitments from third parties that may have access to your information that they will protect the information with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by Tadler Law. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your information, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control and for unauthorized access to information by those who have gained access through illegal means.
Information about International Transfers
Links to Other Sites
Tadler Law includes links to third-party sites on its Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the products, services, or views offered at such linked site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies which we encourage you to review. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
How you can contact us
To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.